18 January 2011
Glenfarclas Press Factsheet
If you would like to receive press releases from Glenfarclas, or have any queries regarding Glenfarclas please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or +44 (0) 1807 500257.
Glenfarclas Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
• Glenfarclas is produced by J & G Grant - an independent family firm.
• ‘The Spirit of Independence’ represents Glenfarclas’ freedom to be uncompromising in their commitment to the founding principle of producing superior quality Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
• Glenfarclas is renowned for its traditional full bodied and well sherried style, and is only ever released at natural colour.
• Only the finest ingredients combined with the unique size and shape of the copper pot stills, traditional distillation methods, the specially selected oak casks and the style and location of the warehouses determine the final unique character of Glenfarclas.
• At any one time there are at least 50,000 casks maturing in the distillery warehouses, the majority of which are former sherry casks.
• The Glenfarclas portfolio includes the 10 Years Old, 12 Years Old, 15 Years Old, 21 Years Old, 25 Years Old, 30 Years Old, 40 Years Old and ‘105’ Cask Strength.
• Launched in 2007, The Family Casks are a unique collection of single casks whiskies, with at least one cask bottled for every year from 1952 to 1996.
• RRP price in the UK starts from £32.99 for Glenfarclas 10 Years Old.
• Pol Roger Ltd, also an independent family owned company, distribute Glenfarclas throughout the UK.
• Glenfarclas is exported to more than 50 markets worldwide. Key markets include Germany, France, Japan, Spain, USA and Taiwan.
Multi Award Winning
• Glenfarclas Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky continues to impress the tasting panels at both national and international competitions, year after year. Confirming the words of a great rival distiller in 1912, “of all the whiskies malt is king – of all the kings Glenfarclas reigns supreme.”
• Glenfarclas was named Distiller of the Year 2006 by Whisky Magazine.
• In 2010 at the International Wine and Spirit Competition, Glenfarclas 12 Years Old, 21 Years Old, 25 Years Old and 105 Cask Strength were named Best in Class.
• In 2011 Glenfarclas 40 Years Old was named Scotch Whisky Single Malt of the year by Malt Advocate and Best Speyside Whisky in the World Whisky Awards.
• Glenfarclas Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky has been distilled on Speyside for six generations by one family – the Grants.
• The Glenfarclas Distillery was legally established in 1836, on the Recherlich Farm at Ballindalloch, in the heart of Speyside.
• In 2011 J. & G. Grant celebrated the 175th Anniversary of licensed distilling at Glenfarclas.
• In 1865, John Grant purchased the distillery for £511.19s.0d. Fifth generation John L.S. Grant, Chairman, and his son George S. Grant, Director of Sales, look set to continue the legacy of their forefathers.
• Situated in the heart of Speyside – malt whisky country – Glenfarclas, translated from the Gaelic as “Glen of the green grassland”, nestles at the foot of the Ben Rinnes mountain.
• The Glenfarclas Distillery Visitor Centre, which opened in 1973, is one of the original distillery visitor centres. In addition to the regular tour, a Connoisseurs Tour is offered on Fridays in the summer.